Introducing Christa Calamity

Hello, I'm Christa; I am very excited to be sharing my daily (sometimes weekly) journal entries with you.

I had recently moved here with my boyfriend E, got a new, interesting job at Harry's as a junior advertising executive and plus, I've just bought this new, amazing pair of stilettos that goes with everything!!

New job, new city, I am literally ready to take over the world!


Let's get started!

Lots of xxx,
C

The People at Harry's

It's been a few days now that I've been working at my new job as a junior executive here at Harry's. I've yet to meet the legendary "Harry" of Harry's Properties. I have gathered from the company distributed leaflets that "Harry" had started out as a humble mail room clerk working his way up to join the board of directors no more than a few years. He was then unanimously voted to become the president of the company. Then as the company almost succumbed to the economic crisis back in the 90s, "Harry"; with his vast knowledge and experience, single-handedly saved the company from an embarrassing downfall. It was evident that he earned his name on the company signboard.

I tried looking through old articles and newsletters in my computer database but I could not find a publication which mentioned "Harry'"'s last name. He must think it's fashionable hip to go on a first name basis - like Madonna or Prince. I am laughing as I'm writing this.

I have eventually decided that it did not matter if I didn't know. Everyone refers to him as "Mr Harry" or "The Boss".

Within the last few days, I've also gotten to know my co-workers a little better.

Fringe mostly keeps to herself. She disappears for a few hours sometimes and just yesterday I caught her sneaking away into the broom closet while whispering into her cellphone. She must be having an affair. Otherwise there is obviously no need to hide in the broom closet of all places! I still did not get her name as she does not talk to me very much. I think she's shy. I will make an effort to invite her out to lunch one of these days.

I like Pinky. She did not wear pink shirts every day. But the name kinda stuck since I made it up for her the first day I was here. I think her name is Lily or Nilly or Milly, I'm not very sure. I usually just greet her with a "Hi" or "Hey" when we talk to each other. She's pretty and smiles a lot, sometimes she does a cute little girly wave when she sees me in the elevator. She sits only a few cubes away from me so I'm looking forward to knowing her better.

Big-S; the girl whom I've started disliking since Day 1 has an atitude problem. I am very sure of it! Yesterday I asked her how to operate the coffee machine in the pantry and she said "Didn't your managers teach you?" I knew she was only referring to Mr C-H (we all share one manager) so I said "No, HE did not teach me". I must have emphasized the HE a little bit louder than I needed to. She stared with widened-eyes, then shook her head and walked away. I don't know what is her problem. Maybe she is bitter about life. Big-S has a habit of widening her eyes when she speaks. I've observed that quite a few times already. When she does it, her pupils look very tiny against her eye-whites. She must've not known that it's very unattractive. Someone needs to tell her and it won't be me. I am wondering if she has a boyfriend.

Spike is a very nice guy. He invites me for lunch with the other female co-workers he mixes with. He seems like the kind of guy who has a lot of female "buddies". He asked me out to dinner a couple of times already, says I should get to know some of the people from the other departments. I said I shall arrange some time. However I am wondering if he knows I am seeing someone.

Note: Must find out Pinky's name

0 comments:

Post a Comment