Introducing Christa Calamity

Hello, I'm Christa; I am very excited to be sharing my daily (sometimes weekly) journal entries with you.

I had recently moved here with my boyfriend E, got a new, interesting job at Harry's as a junior advertising executive and plus, I've just bought this new, amazing pair of stilettos that goes with everything!!

New job, new city, I am literally ready to take over the world!


Let's get started!

Lots of xxx,
C
I survived The Christmas Dinner.

But it sure was not easy.

Mom and Dad arrived a little after noon - although I told them specifically to come at 7pm. By now I've learned that parents do not listen. Ever.

Mom was wearing her still-mad-at-my-daughter-for-stealing-the-china look but I knew she loves the drama so I didn't say anything. After 15 minutes, Mom gave up pretending to be mad and started lecturing me about the numerous health hazards in our fridge. E likes his breakfast big and hearty, so we stock up on packs of bacon, sausages, and pork - we recently went shopping and had filled the freezer with meat. But diary, she did not see the heads of lettuce which were also there!

Dad commented on the various shelves and fixtures which E had put up around the house. I helped carry the DIY pieces and read the "How to Assemble" manuals with him before he managed to piece it together. He did not mention that.

As I was busy preparing dinner, Dad and E just "hung out" in the living room, made small talk about politics and sports until Dad eventually got bored and fell asleep on the sofa with his mouth open. Then he started snoring. I don't know how Mom puts up with his loud snoring. Left alone, E spent the afternoon reading "Converting Your Garage for Dummies". Sometimes I wish that man would make himself more useful around the house.

On the other hand, Mom insisted on helping me in the kitchen - when I obviously could do very well on my own! She kept criticizing my cooking methods. She spent a whole hour correcting the "mess" I've made out of her "traditional" mashed potato recipe. Diary, I was NOT making a "mess". I merely overcooked the potatoes and they turned slightly green. It was still completely edible. I don't know why she had to waste a batch of perfectly good potatoes.

She said "You will one day kill that man" when I argued that E has no problem with my cooking.

Dinner was eventually ready by 6.30pm just as Pinky arrived. Her hair smelled nice although she obviously did not use the Seaweed & Jojoba blend shampoo I bought her. She also brought Zett, a male friend of hers. I must ask her who is he when I get a chance. And by the way, what kind of name is "Zett"?

After dinner, we made cocktails and talked until late.

Had lots of fun!
Note: Remind E it is his turn to do dishes

0 comments:

Post a Comment