Introducing Christa Calamity

Hello, I'm Christa; I am very excited to be sharing my daily (sometimes weekly) journal entries with you.

I had recently moved here with my boyfriend E, got a new, interesting job at Harry's as a junior advertising executive and plus, I've just bought this new, amazing pair of stilettos that goes with everything!!

New job, new city, I am literally ready to take over the world!


Let's get started!

Lots of xxx,
C

The Drawing Room

I had spent the entire day being unproductive. Very much so.

See, summer had finally arrived but it is disappointing. Instead of getting warm, breezy afternoons, we are hit with hot, humid, scorching heat all day long. This has been going on for quite some time now. Even E is not his usual, cheerful self these past few weeks.

Truth is, diary, we are still arguing discussing what to convert the garage into. We have been planning this since winter but still no action was taken. The conversion was supposed to start in spring but then we decided to put it off till summer; just so that we could decide properly. We have decided that it would be our little project, something that we could do together. We have learnt some of the basic techniques from "Converting Your Garage for Dummies"

We are now torn between these 2 choices:
1) A guest bedroom (with no bathroom)
2) A painting room with an easel (I would then take art lessons so that I can paint artsy pieces for our still rather dull living room)
3) A storage room (for all the boxes still stacked up from our move late last year)
I liked the idea of the guest bedroom really, but what good is it when we have no guests?! I've argued debated with E about this and he is insisting that we would like to have friends over for weekends sometimes, and they would all hang out there instead of in the house, and in turn this is minimize the mess. Honestly I hate the idea of having a bunch of his mates coming over, getting drunk and passing out on the sofa (before they could walk themselves over to the guest bedroom). E does not see my point of view.

I still think having a painting room will be much better, not to mention elegant. I have always like to tell my girlfriends that we could have tea in the drawing/painting. Sounds posh, better than "Let's get you settled in our guest bedroom". Also, I've always wanted to say "I will see you after art class" then after a few flicks of my hair, "Today we have to do a sketch of an actual person". Everyone will be so jealous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment